From time to time, Hillsdale is in the news. Our partners often speak at conferences or other events, and our accomplishments are covered in the financial media.
Lessons From Capital Market History - Presentation at CFA Society Calgary
Date: April 19, 2012
Speaker: Harry Marmer, CFA, Executive Vice President, Institutional Investment Services, Partner
Location: Westin Hotel
10135 100 Street NW
The philosopher George Santayana said that “Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it”
As Mark Twain “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme”. There is much to learn from capital market history. This session will challenge you to “unlearn what you have learned” by examining such topics as:
• “What’s Going On” With Mr. Market?
• The Evolving Nature of Market Structure and the Outlook For Market Volatility
• Investment Management and Market Uncertainty
• Can You Beat the Market?
• Stock and Bond Returns in a Historical Context
• The Small Cap Effect Has Disappeared?
• Unlearning What You Have Learned