From time to time, Hillsdale is in the news. Our partners often speak at conferences or other events, and our accomplishments are covered in the financial media.
Lessons from Capital Market History - Presentation at CFA Society Calgary
Date: May 20, 2015
Location: The Westin Calgary, 340 4th Avenue SW, Calgary
Speaker: Harry Marmer, CFA, MBA – Executive Vice President, Partner
Hillsdale Investment Management
Lessons from Capital Market History
Britain’s Great Prime Minister Winston S. Churchill Said, “Study History, Study History.” Philosopher George Santayana concluded that “Those Who Cannot Remember The Past Are Condemned To Repeat It.” Famous Author Mark Twain said, “History doesn’t repeat itself, but it does rhyme.”
- Business and Stock Market Cycles are Predictable
- The Market is Efficient and Cannot Be Beaten
- Your Best Alternative To Active Management Is An Index Fund
- Interest Rates Can Be Forecasted
- Equity Markets Are More Volatile Today
- Everyone Can Be An Investment Expert
For further information please visit cfasociety.org.