From time to time, Hillsdale is in the news. Our partners often speak at conferences or other events, and our accomplishments are covered in the financial media.
Lessons From Capital Market History - Presentation to CFA Society Saskatchewan by Harry Marmer, CFA
Date: February 3, 2016
Location: Hotel Saskatchewan, 2125 Victoria Avenue, Regina SK
*Speaker: Harry Marmer, CFA, MBA – Executive Vice President, Partner
Hillsdale Investment Management*
Lessons From Capital Market History
A recent CFA Institute Magazine article asked the tantalizing question should financial history matter to investors? The same article also suggested that “some may not know how to use this knowledge to make better investment decisions (or, at the very least avoid poor ones).” Hence, the objective of this presentation is to illustrate how the study of capital market history can provide investors with “helpful guidance on how historical perspectives can be incorporated into investment decision-making processes.”
The discussion studied capital market history to examine a wide range of topics familiar to investors, including:
- Business and Stock Market Cycles are Predictable
- The Market Cannot Be Beaten So Buy An Index Fund
- Interest Rates Can Be Forecasted
- Equity Markets Are More Volatile Today
- Private Equity is A Good Replacement For Public Equity
- “Should Financial History Matter to Investors” by Desi Allevato, Sept/Oct 2015 CFA Institute Magazine.*
For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.