VP TALENT ACQUISITION AND DEVELOPMENT
Posted: June 27, 2021
Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. is a fast-growing, Canadian employee-owned investment boutique managing over $4 billion in Canadian, U.S. and Global equities for institutional and private wealth investors. We offer a stimulating, supportive and entrepreneurial work environment with a unique opportunity for self-expression, personal growth, and significant financial reward.
Reporting to the CEO, the VP Talent Acquisition and Development will be an essential part of the firm, helping to both build our professional team and enhance our overall day to day work experience.
- Design a repeatable, efficient and creative recruitment process to find, attract and evaluate a diversity of candidates, sourced locally and world-wide, for multiple positions
- Build a strong talent pipeline including developing relationships with professional associations, alumni organizations and universities
- Design and manage the entire candidate experience including application, communication, interviews, contract negotiation and onboarding
- Build and/or acquire measurable learning and development programs for employees
- Enhance our performance review policies and processes
- Act as an advisor on people, culture, and diversity issues and priorities
- Maintain and grow Hillsdale’s industry reputation as an exciting and dynamic workplace
- Hire and manage staff to build and support the HR function as required
- Progressive experience, demonstrated through a minimum of 7-10 years in an HR, Talent Recruitment or/or Talent Development function
- Demonstrated ability in designing and implementing exceptional talent acquisition and talent management strategies
- Passion for people of all types including the ability to identify the skills and personalities required for the formation of small effective teams
- Excellent project management skills and proven comfort with technology
- Clear, authentic, and direct communication style
- Demonstrated ability to influence and negotiate as well as to exercise discretion and judgement with a high level of professionalism
- University degree in business administration, organizational development, industrial/organizational psychology, human resources, or a related discipline
- Bonus qualifications: Experience seeking talent abroad, ability to speak additional languages
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to advance in the hiring process will be contacted. Hillsdale offers a flexible work environment, and this full-time role would typically require working onsite at our beautiful office in downtown Toronto 3-5 days a week. Hillsdale is a diverse firm and an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applications from people of all abilities and will make accommodations upon request.
For more information please refer to www.hillsdaleinv.com