SENIOR QUANTITATIVE ANALYST/ QUANTITATIVE ANALYST
Posted: May 10, 2022
Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. (Hillsdale) is a Canadian privately held investment management boutique with industry-recognized leading expertise in quantitative investing, specializing in Canadian, U.S. and Global Equities. We have a solid long-term track record producing high-quality investment strategies while delivering client service excellence in a carefully crafted culture of continuous excellence and advancement. Founded in 1996, Hillsdale is a $4B+ investment manager for Institutional and Private Wealth investors.
WHAT’S THE OPPORTUNITY?
We have an opportunity for a Senior Quantitative Analyst/ Quantitative Analyst to join our Portfolio Management and Research team. Reporting to the Senior Portfolio Manager and the Head of Research, you will:
- Develop and improve Hillsdale’s existing stock selection models
- Research and develop new strategies and factors
- Provide continuous support to Portfolio Managers, assisting them in managing multiple portfolios
- Implement research ideas efficiently and accurately in one or more programming languages
- Expand our quantitative toolkits to enhance our alpha models and portfolio construction
- Process large structured and unstructured datasets to extract predictive signals
- Present research and portfolio analysis results to a variety of internal audiences
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- A minimum of 3 years investment industry experience in a quantitative role
- Degree(s) in Math/Statistics/Finance/Computer Science/Engineering, or a related discipline
- Strong programming skills in 1 or more languages: Python, R, Matlab, VB/VBA, Java, C/C++, etc.
- Proficiency with large dataset extraction and manipulation in SQL and Pandas
- Experience in one or more: Factor Research, Alpha/Risk Models, Portfolio Construction/Management
- Demonstrated research or technical creativity
- Motivated quick learner with the ability to communicate complex technical ideas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
Nice to Have (preferred but not required)
- Experience working with financial datasets and data vendors
- CFA, FRM or related designation
- Hands-on experience with Backtest Engines, Simulations, Portfolio Optimizers, Attribution, etc.
- Knowledge in one or more: Asset Pricing, Econometrics, or Machine Learning
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary and performance bonus
- Paid vacation time
- Professional Development, ongoing mentorship by a senior team of portfolio managers and growth opportunities/defined career pathing
- Access to an in house personal Financial Advisor
- Staff VIP treatment with team building and employee appreciation events
- Play games, cards, ping-pong, softball, or basketball
- Stocked kitchen with snacks and beverages
- Thrive in a high-performance, knowledge-driven culture
- Charitable giving program matches your donations and supports your volunteer interests
- Flexible hybrid work environment with full remote and office ergonomic setups
- And, when you do come to the office, a centrally located office on King and Bay Street with beautiful views of Toronto and Lake Ontario
Application Deadline: Tuesday May 31, 2022
Hillsdale is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applications from people of all abilities and will make reasonable accommodations upon request.
Not sure if you qualify? Apply anyway! Our workforce comes from diverse backgrounds and industries. Please forward a resume to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview and legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.