SENIOR QUANTITATIVE ANALYST / DEVELOPER
Posted: June 24, 2021
Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. is a fast-growing, Canadian employee-owned investment boutique managing over $4 billion in Canadian, U.S. and Global equities for institutional and private wealth investors. We offer a stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment with a unique opportunity for self-expression, personal growth and financial reward.
Reporting to the Head of Research, the Senior Quantitative Analyst/Developer will become a key member of the Portfolio Management & Research Team, helping to develop and advance our research analytics and models. This position is ideal for exceptional coders who are strongly interested in pursuing quantitative investing. You will heavily utilize your coding skills and be groomed into a career of quantitative modelling and research.
Two Key Responsibilities:
1. Development and Implementation:
- Research and implement quantitative algorithms, analytics and models in Python
- Automate approved model outputs into usable reports for data visualization
- Maintain and expand an existing repository of research code
- Communicate with in-house developers to clarify technical requirements and specifications
2. Research and Innovation:
- Research new alpha strategies and portfolio-construction methodologies in our investment funds
- Bring new and innovative ideas, data or techniques to our systematic investment process
- Communicate and document proprietary research ideas, and co-author white papers
- Passion towards writing clean, efficient and computation-heavy code to test research hypothesis and perform all forms of numerical analysis.
- Prior hands-on experience in writing vectorized code in Pandas/Numpy, MATLAB or R
- Deep understanding of computational complexity of algorithms, data structures and scientific computing, preferably at the graduate level
- Ability to translate mathematical definitions into code with technical accuracy
- Prefer 3 or more years of experience in implementing quantitative models or algorithms
- Master or PhD degree in computer engineering, computer science, operations research, computational finance, or other highly quantitative disciplines a plus
- Advanced training or experience in NLP, Machine Learning or Statistics a plus
- Prior experience with parallel, distributed and/or cloud computing a plus
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, front-office investment environment.
Qualified applicants are asked to forward their resume to email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to advance in the hiring process will be contacted.
Hillsdale is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applications from people of all abilities and will make accommodations upon request.
For more information please refer to www.hillsdaleinv.com