Senior Quantitative Analyst
Posted: April 05, 2019
Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. is a fast-growing, Canadian employee-owned investment boutique managing over $2.5 billion in Canadian, U.S. and Global equities for institutional and private wealth investors. We offer a unique, stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment with an exceptional opportunity for professional development, learning and success. We have an opportunity for a Senior Quantitative Analyst on the Portfolio Management Team.
- Develop and improve Hillsdale’s existing stock selection models
- Research and develop new strategies and factors
- Provide continuous support to Portfolio Managers, assisting them in managing multiple portfolios
- Implement research ideas efficiently and accurately in one or more programming languages
- Expand our quantitative toolkits to enhance our alpha models and portfolio construction
- Process large structured and unstructured datasets to extract predictive signals
- Present research and portfolio analysis results to a variety of internal audiences
- A minimum of 3 years investment industry experience in a quantitative role (compensation commensurate with experience)
- Degree(s) in Math/Statistics/Finance/Computer Science/Engineering, or a related discipline
- Strong programming skills in 2 or more languages: Python, R, Matlab, VB/VBA, Java, C/C++, etc.
- Proficiency with large dataset extraction and manipulation in SQL and Pandas
- Knowledge in one or more of these areas: Asset Pricing, Econometrics, or Machine Learning
- Experience in one or more of these topics: Factor Research, Alpha/Risk Models, Portfolio Construction/Management
- Demonstrated research or technical creativity
- Motivated quick learner with the ability to communicate complex technical ideas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
Additional Qualifications (preferred but not required):
- Experience working with financial datasets and data vendors
- CFA, FRM or related designation
- Hands-on experience with Backtest Engines, Simulations, Portfolio Optimizers, Attribution, etc.
Qualified individuals are asked to forward a cover letter and resume to Val Shaw at VShaw@hillsdaleinv.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to advance in the hiring process will be contacted. Hillsdale encourages applications from people with disabilities and will make accommodations on request. Both full-time and contract arrangements will be considered for this role.
About the Company:
Hillsdale focuses on producing high quality investment strategies and delivering client service excellence. Since 2011 Hillsdale has sponsored the prestigious CFA Society Toronto & Hillsdale Canadian Investment Research Award, for which a winning research paper is selected annually to receive a cash prize. In 2018, Hillsdale was named the fastest growing money manager in its category by Benefits Canada.