Senior Data Engineer
Posted: November 29, 2018
Hillsdale has an exciting opportunity for an Senior Data Engineer. We offer a unique and independent work environment, in a modern office setting, with an exceptional opportunity for personal and professional growth. As a Senior Data Engineer, you will have the opportunity to provide significant technical contribution to our data architecture and infrastructure that support portfolio management decisions.
- Ensure that our production data and databases are available to all data users and stakeholders
- Provide continuous technical improvement to our proprietary data architecture
- Incorporate new data feeds into the database from multiple data sources
- Perform rigorous data cleaning and pre-processing with an attention to detail
- Implement factor formula according to specification
- Motivated self-starter with a commitment to providing timely and accurate data
- 5-10 years of experience in designing and implementing ETL and data solutions
- Degree(s) in Computer Science, Math, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Expertise in T-SQL, relational database concepts, and the management of SQL Server databases
- Proficient in data architecture and database design
- Strong software development skills in 2 or more languages preferred: Python, R, Matlab, VB/VBA, Java, C/C++, C#, etc.
- Experience in manipulating large time-series, cross-sectional, or panel datasets
Additional Qualifications (preferred but not required):
- Experience working with financial datasets and data vendors
- Experience in NoSQL databases (MongoDB, etc.) and Big Data implementations (Hadoop, Spark, etc.)
- Investment industry experience, CFA or related designation
Both full-time and contract arrangements will be considered for this role
Qualified individuals are asked to forward the following: cover letter and resume to Val Shaw at firstname.lastname@example.org
No Agencies or Phone Calls Please
We thank all interested applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hillsdale welcomes and encourages applications for job openings from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.