SENIOR ASSOCIATE, PRIVATE CLIENT INVESTMENT SERVICES
Posted: December 20, 2021
Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. (Hillsdale) is a Canadian privately held investment management boutique with industry-recognized leading expertise in quantitative investing, specializing in Canadian, U.S. and Global Equities. We have a solid long-term track record producing high-quality investment strategies while delivering client service excellence in a carefully crafted culture of continuous excellence and advancement. Founded in 1996, Hillsdale is a $4B+ investment manager for Institutional and Private Wealth investors.
Do you excel at customer service and operations and are you looking to build your career in wealth management?
We are looking for someone like you, who is an experienced wealth management professional committed to serving clients, colleagues and cross-team partners.
WHAT’S THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Senior Associate, Private Client Investment Services, will work very closely with the Head of Private Client Investment Services (Head, PC). In this role, you will broaden your experience, as you will pro-actively identify, investigate and resolve client inquiries, assume responsibility for business operations and provide analytical support to the Head, PC.
Success in this role requires independent ownership of tasks, attention to detail, excellent communication skills, the ability to create operational efficiencies and a research-oriented mindset.
The position provides a progressive career path for individuals who wish to pursue the necessary training to become an Associate Investment Counsellor and assume direct responsibility for managing client portfolios.
- Customer Service Management: Onboard new clients, respond to all client inquiries, generate reports, manage CRM.
- Operations: Execute trades, maintain online systems, ensure internal and external compliance, draft correspondence and client newsletters, documentation.
- Analytics: Help with investment proposals, portfolio allocation, financial planning, and preparation of marketing material and research.
- Business Development: Support ongoing initiatives.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in finance/business discipline or an applicable field of study, this requirement may be waived for individuals who demonstrate necessary competency from direct work experience.
- Completion of Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is required.
- Minimum of two (2) years client service experience within the financial services industry, i.e., banking, insurance, investments or wealth management.
- Strong knowledge of financial markets with a thorough understanding of Mutual / Pooled funds.
- Demonstrated aptitude and experience of working on custodian platforms (e.g., NBIN), wealth management software (e.g. Croesus, Naviplan), CRM solutions and other technology platforms (e.g. DocuSign, Constant Contact).
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Initiative and the ability to work independently, along with tact and discretion.
Nice to Have
- Progression towards CFA, CIM or CFP
- Financial Planning experience
- SQL / Python skills, Power BI
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Leading competitive salary and performance bonus
- Health Care Spending Account
- Paid vacation time
- Professional Development, ongoing mentorship by a senior team of investment professionals and growth opportunities/defined career pathing
- Team building and employee appreciation events
- Gym membership
- Flexible work environment
- Thriving in a high-performance, knowledge-driven culture!
Application Deadline: January 24, 2022
Hillsdale is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applications from people of all abilities and will make reasonable accommodations upon request.
Not sure if you qualify? Apply anyway! Our workforce comes from diverse backgrounds and industries. Please forward a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview and legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.