QUANTITATIVE EQUITY ANALYST
Posted: June 08, 2022
Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. (Hillsdale) is a privately held Canadian investment management boutique well-respected for its industry-leading expertise in quantitative investing. We specialize in Canadian, U.S. and Global Equities and currently serve $4B+ of Institutional and Private Wealth investors. Over 25 years, Hillsdale has developed many sophisticated, unique, and high-quality investment strategies, all supported with client service excellence. This is evidence of our clear sense of purpose and of a carefully crafted culture of continuous improvement and advancement.
As a firm, we value curiosity, humility, and resilience, and strive to maintain an open, collegial, and dynamic work environment. Your role will be to discover new investment insights, to challenge the status quo and, ultimately, to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the people we serve.
WHAT’S THE OPPORTUNITY?
We have an opportunity for a Quantitative Equity Analyst to join our Portfolio Management and Research team. Reporting to the Senior Portfolio Manager, you will:
- Develop and improve Hillsdale’s existing stock selection models
- Research and develop new strategies and factors
- Provide continuous support to Portfolio Managers, assisting them in managing multiple portfolios
- Implement research ideas efficiently and accurately in one or more programming languages
- Expand our quantitative toolkits to enhance our alpha models and portfolio construction
- Process large structured and unstructured datasets to extract predictive signals
- Present research and portfolio analysis results to a variety of internal audiences
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- A minimum of 1 year investment industry experience in a quantitative role
- Degree(s) in Math/Statistics/Finance/Computer Science/Engineering, or a related discipline
- Strong programming skills, adaptability, and creativity, with an emphasis on Python
- Proficiency with large dataset extraction and manipulation in SQL and Pandas
- Experience in one or more: Factor Research, Alpha/Risk Models, Portfolio Construction/Management • Attention to detail with a demonstrated instinct for uncovering errors and inconsistencies • High degree of self-knowledge leading to an appropriate level of confidence in the quality of your work
- Motivated quick learner with the ability to communicate complex technical ideas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
Nice to Have (preferred but not required)
- CFA, FRM or related designation
- Hands-on experience with Backtest Engines, Simulations, Portfolio Optimizers, Attribution, etc.
- Experience working with financial datasets and data vendors
- Knowledge in one or more: Asset Pricing, NLP, Econometrics, or Machine Learning
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary, semi-annual performance bonus and paid vacation time
- Professional Development, ongoing mentorship by a senior team of portfolio managers and growth opportunities leading to a choice of well-defined career paths
- Flexible hybrid work environment with full remote and office ergonomic setups
- Staff VIP treatment with team building and employee appreciation events including games night, cards, ping-pong, softball, or basketball
- Thrive in a high-performance, knowledge-driven culture
- Charitable giving program matches your donations and supports your volunteer interests
- Access to an in house personal Financial Advisor
- And, when you do come to our centrally located office at King and Bay, enjoy a kitchen stocked with food, and remarkable views of Toronto and Lake Ontario
Application Deadline: July 5, 2022
Hillsdale is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applications from people of all abilities and will make reasonable accommodations upon request.
Not sure if you qualify? Apply anyway! Our workforce comes from diverse backgrounds and industries. Please forward a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview and legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.