Posted: November 19, 2019
Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. is a fast-growing, Canadian employee-owned investment boutique managing over $3 billion in Canadian, U.S. and Global equities for institutional and private wealth investors. We offer a unique, stimulating and entrepreneurial work environment with an exceptional opportunity for professional development, learning and success. We have an opportunity for a Quantitative Analyst on the Portfolio Management Team.
- Develop and improve Hillsdale’s existing stock selection models
- Research and develop new strategies and factors
- Provide continuous support to Portfolio Managers, assisting them in managing multiple portfolios
- Implement research ideas efficiently and accurately in one or more programming languages
- Expand our quantitative toolkits to enhance our alpha models and portfolio construction
- Process large structured and unstructured datasets to extract predictive signals
- Present research and portfolio analysis results to a variety of internal audiences
- Previous investment industry experience in a quantitative and/or research role (compensation commensurate with experience)
- Experience in one or more of these topics: Factor Research, Qualitative Research, Alpha/Risk Models, Portfolio Construction/Management
- Degree(s) in Finance/Engineering/Computer Science, or a related discipline including an MBA
- Knowledge in one or more of these areas: Financial Accounting, Asset Pricing, Econometrics, or Machine Learning
- Strong programming skills in 2 or more languages: Python, R, Matlab, VB/VBA, Java, C/C++, etc.
- Proficiency with large dataset extraction and manipulation in SQL and Pandas
- Demonstrated research or technical creativity
- Motivated quick learner with the ability to communicate complex technical ideas
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
Additional Qualifications (preferred but not required):
- CFA, FRM or related designation strongly preferred
- Experience working with financial datasets and data vendors
- Hands-on experience with Backtest Engines, Simulations, Portfolio Optimizers, Attribution, etc.
Qualified individuals are asked to forward their resume to Val Shaw at email@example.com. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected to advance in the hiring process will be contacted. Hillsdale encourages applications from people with disabilities and will make accommodations on request. Both full-time and contract arrangements will be considered for this role.
About the Company
Hillsdale focuses on producing high quality investment strategies and delivering client service excellence. Since 2011 Hillsdale has sponsored the prestigious CFA Society Toronto & Hillsdale Canadian Investment Research Award, for which a winning research paper is selected annually to receive a cash prize. In 2018, Hillsdale was named the fastest growing money manager in its category by Benefits Canada