MANAGER, PRIVATE CLIENT INVESTMENT SERVICES
Posted: February 13, 2021
Hillsdale has an exciting opportunity for a Manager, Private Client Investment Services reporting to the VP, Private Client Investment Services. We offer a unique and independent work environment with an exceptional opportunity for learning and growth. This role comes with a pre-identified long-term career progression plan. If you have exceptional organizational skills, investment knowledge and a professional demeanor, it is time to join the team at Hillsdale!
The Manager, Private Client Investment Services, reporting to the VP Private Client Investment Services, will be responsible for the following key deliverables:
- Private Client Services, Account Opening, Transactions, Documentation & Communication
- Periodic Client Reports, Newsletters, Fund Fact Sheet preparation
- Sales & Fund Data Analytics
- Marketing & Presentation Support
- Liaison with Advisor / Family Office Community
- Assist VP with Client Portfolio Allocation, Financial Planning & Competition Analysis
- Assist VP with potential client opportunities and leads for follow up
Essential skills, qualifications and abilities include:
- Keen interest in developing a career in Private Client Portfolio Management
- Minimum of two (2) years client service experience within the investment industry
- Post-secondary education, and Canadian Securities Course a must
- Must be a CFA candidate (preferably working towards Level 2 / 3 or already a charterholder)
- Strong knowledge of financial markets with a thorough understanding of Mutual / Pooled funds
- Analytical skills including excellent Microsoft Office suite skills, especially Excel & PowerPoint. Access and Basic SQL skills preferred.
- Experience of working on third-party custodian platforms (e.g. NBIN) and wealth management software (e.g. Croesus, StatPro)
- Strong client service skills - required to build/maintain relationships with clients, towards enhancing career progression
- Solid communications skills with the ability to handle outbound calls/meetings to/with existing clients
- Detail oriented, professional and analytical, positive attitude and genuine commitment to client service
- Initiative and the ability to work independently, along with tact and discretion
Hillsdale offers a very attractive benefit package which includes salary commensurate with experience, bonus dependent on individual/company performance and vacation entitlement. Qualified individuals are asked to forward a cover letter, resume and transcripts to email@example.com
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you for your understanding.
Celebrating over a quarter of a century of investment excellence, Hillsdale Investment Management is an independent, employee-owned and client-aligned investment boutique managing over $3.5B on behalf of a select group of institutional and private wealth investors. Hillsdale is recognized for both investment and service excellence – a reflection of its relentless pursuit of research and development and the dedication of its partners and employees.
For more information, please refer to www.hillsdaleinv.com