Director of Data Engineering
Posted: November 29, 2018
Hillsdale has an exciting opportunity for an Director of Data Engineering. We offer a unique and independent work environment, in a modern office setting, with an exceptional opportunity for personal and professional growth. As the Director of Data Engineering, you will have the opportunity to shape Hillsdale’s proprietary data architecture and to impact how the firm leverages its various data technologies to provide an edge in its investment process.
- Lead a team of Data Engineers and Architects to support all data users and stakeholders
- Build and support high-availability databases and processes
- Initiate and implement continuous improvements to our proprietary data architecture and infrastructure to support evolving business requirements
- Provide strategic planning, leadership, and guidance to the Data team
- Work hands-on and alongside Data Engineers from time to time
- Juggle multiple priorities and make efficient tradeoffs
- 10+ years of experience in data engineering and/or analytics
- Degree(s) in a Computer Science, Math, Engineering, Data Science, Finance, or a related quantitative and computational discipline
- Experience in mentoring and leading a team of Data Engineers and Architects
- Strong track record in architecting robust data solutions to support mission-critical operations
- Proficiency in T-SQL and the management of SQL Server databases
- Ability to communicate and interact with a variety of stakeholders
- A growth mindset with a get-things-done attitude
Additional Qualifications (preferred but not required):
- Investment industry experience, CFA or related designation
- Experience working with financial datasets and data vendors
- Programming experience beyond SQL/T-SQL
- Exposure to Big Data platforms, Cloud Computing, Data Visualization, Unstructured Data, etc.
Qualified individuals are asked to forward the following: cover letter and resume to Val Shaw at email@example.com
No Agencies or Phone Calls Please
We thank all interested applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hillsdale welcomes and encourages applications for job openings from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.