SENIOR ASSOCIATE, INSTITUTIONAL INVESTMENT SERVICES
Posted: January 14, 2022
Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. (Hillsdale) is a Canadian privately held investment management boutique with industry-recognized leading expertise in quantitative investing, specializing in Canadian, U.S. and Global Equities. We have a solid long-term track record producing high-quality investment strategies while delivering client service excellence in a carefully crafted culture of continuous excellence and advancement. Founded in 1996, Hillsdale is a $4B+ investment manager for Institutional and Private Wealth investors.
WHAT’S THE OPPORTUNITY?
Reporting to the Executive Vice President and working collaboratively with the rest of the Investment Services team, the Senior Associate will be responsible for key deliverables to both clients and prospects including:
- Attending leading-edge investment meetings further enhancing your investment proficiency;
- Preparing quarterly client reports and investment presentations aligned with Hillsdale’s best practices;
- Analyzing and interpreting complex data sets such as factor attribution, style analysis; and return and risk metrics;
- Crafting new business presentations and compelling RFP’s/RFI’s contributing to the firm’s success;
- Participating in client and prospect meetings assisting in the success of each meeting;
- Ensuring that consultant databases best represent Hillsdale’s industry-leading investment processes and strategies;
- Supporting the research and production of Hillsdale’s knowledge capital through the publication of white papers and articles; and
- Assisting in the management of institutional deliverables such as Board reports, sales reports, etc.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- 3+ years of experience in a related role including private equity and investment banking with a passion for quantitative investing;
- Superior communication, exceptional writing and analytical skills combined with a demonstrated ability to synthesize complex analysis into coherent and concise presentations;
- Excellent quantitative skills with a strong understanding of statistics;
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with outstanding organizational skills and a keen eye for detail;
- A positive “can do” personality who can work independently and collaboratively as required; and,
- Completion of B. Com or similar degree and pursuit of CFA Charter is an asset.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Leading competitive salary and performance bonus
- Health Care Spending Account
- Paid vacation time
- Professional Development, ongoing mentorship by a senior team of investment professionals and growth opportunities/defined career pathing
- Team building and employee appreciation events
- Gym membership
- Flexible work environment
- Thriving in a high-performance, knowledge-driven culture!
Hillsdale is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applications from people of all abilities and will make reasonable accommodations upon request.
Not sure if you qualify? Apply anyway! Our workforce comes from diverse backgrounds and industries. Please forward a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview and legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.