Posted: August 05, 2022
Hillsdale Investment Management Inc. (Hillsdale) is a privately held Canadian investment management boutique well-respected for its industry-leading expertise in quantitative investing. We specialize in Canadian, U.S. and Global Equities and currently serve $4B+ of Institutional and Private Wealth investors. Over 25 years, Hillsdale has developed many sophisticated, unique, and high-quality investment strategies, all supported with client service excellence. This is evidence of our clear sense of purpose and of a carefully crafted culture of continuous improvement and advancement.
As a firm, we value curiosity, humility, and resilience, and strive to maintain an open, collegial, and dynamic work environment.
WHAT’S THE OPPORTUNITY?
We have an opportunity for a full-time permanent Administrative Assistant to join our team. The ideal candidate is detailed, accurate, organized and has relevant experience in office administration. Furthermore, the ideal candidate should be astute in managing competing priorities, communicating openly, and able to strive in a fast-paced environment with high-energy individuals. Also, the ideal candidate should derive joy from being of service and take personal pride in a clean and well-functioning kitchen and office.
Reporting to the Manager, Administrative Services, you will:
- Welcome and direct visitors to the company in a warm and professional manner.
- Handle incoming calls, re‐direct/screen calls, take messages and deliver them to appropriate recipients.
- Organize mail and courier administration; sort, distribute, and arrange incoming and outgoing items.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk.
- Oversee the appearance and general maintenance and cleaning of the office including the front office, kitchen (dishes), meeting rooms and the Wellness Room.
- Coordinate maintenance of office and kitchen equipment, and maintain inventory.
- Assist with setting up of meetings and events for staff and clients including preparing materials, setting up conference meetings, catering, etc.
- Actively maintain contact lists in MS Outlook and our Client Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Other general clerical duties include, but are not limited to: photocopying, scanning, and binding.
- Assist with miscellaneous administrative tasks for various departments as required.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- College Diploma or Bachelor’s degree preferred with 2 years experience in a similar role within Financial Services.
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills, including a gracious telephone manner.
- Professional attitude and appearance to support interactions with employees and visitors.
- Detail-orientation, outstanding organizational skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Resourcefulness with an ability to prioritize and work independently with tact.
- High level of confidentiality, discretion, flexibility, adaptability, proactiveness and positivity.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and database management. Working knowledge of CRM or similar is preferred.
- Tech savviness – ability to troubleshoot A/V equipment is a plus.
- Service-oriented with a willingness to go above and beyond to support the team and clients.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- Competitive salary, semi-annual performance bonus and paid vacation time.
- Professional development, ongoing mentorship, and growth opportunities.
- Staff VIP treatment with team building and employee appreciation events including games night, cards, ping-pong, softball, or basketball.
- Thrive in a high-performance, knowledge-driven culture.
- Charitable giving program matches your donations and supports your volunteer interests.
- Access to an in-house personal Financial Advisor.
- Centrally located office at King and Bay, enjoy a kitchen stocked with food, and remarkable views of Toronto and Lake Ontario.
Application Deadline: August 21, 2022
Hillsdale is an equal opportunity employer and as such does not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, national origins, age, sexual orientation, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We encourage applications from people of all abilities and will make reasonable accommodations upon request.
Not sure if you qualify? Apply anyway! Our workforce comes from diverse backgrounds and industries. Please forward a resume to email@example.com.
We thank all interested applicants, however, only those selected for an interview and legally eligible to work in Canada will be contacted.